Sunday 18 September 2011

What we have achieved this weekend.....

I love weekends, I may have mentioned that.

This weekend we have managed to fit in LOADS of 'doing what we want' stuff as well as 'stuff that needed doing' stuff. The BEST sort of weekend, I think.

The Boy had his first football match of the season yesterday, fortunately for me I can delegate this. Don't get me wrong, I am as proud as punch of my budding Premiership player, and like watching him play. But I like being at home in the warm more. So the Rock God got to stand in the rain cheer him on while the Pie and I watched Fantasia and drew fashion designs in the warm. We even had the heating on. Lovely.

Then, in the afternoon, the Rock God ventured into the loft and brought down some of his most precious possessions. The Star Wars Toys Of His Childhood. You can add in your own fanfare/choir of angels effect here. This was a Big Deal.

Most impressive.


So that was HOURS of fun, and The Chums only argued over whose turn it was for Yoda a couple of times, so a pretty successful afternoon was had by all.

Then we had our lovely friends round for HOT curry, which thankfully arrived on time and correct so I didn't have to do any crying or anything. It was awesome, lovely food and brilliant company.

So Saturday was a very good day.

Onto Sunday. I woke up after a FULL night's sleep (hurrah!) in a really good mood, after a very exciting dream where the Rock God was actually Superman and was flying around saving people. My hero <swoon>.

I have done loads of tidying, sorting out and decluttering again today (nesting?) and also managed to have an hour long bath while reading Percy Jackson (these books are GOOD, by the way, we got them for The Boy for his birthday and I'm on book four already, great fun).

We've also managed to sort out (sort of) the front garden, otherwise known as the wilderness/the jungle/the weed patch...you get the idea. Unfortunately, we are a bit crap and vastly underestimated how much slate we'd need to fill the edge in so it's still a work in progress.
Oops
Anyway, it looks a million times better than it did and we'll buy some more slate tomorrow. This is just a quick fix until we can bulldoze the lot and pave it into a big double driveway <dreams>.

So it's now teatime, RG is making meatballs, The Boy is building Diagon Alley and The Pie is watching Lemonade Mouth for the third time.

I am relaxing and thinking cervix opening kind of thoughts. I have interesting backache, that could be labour, right? RIGHT?

<drives self mad with phantom symptom spotting>

xx

3 comments:

  1. Hope you wake in the middle of the night tonight, Sam! (in labour, not just for a pee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I remember the waiting, unbearable...hope it all happens soon :-)

    ReplyDelete