Saturday 3 September 2011

My Takeaway Nightmare

I was really looking forward to a hot takeaway curry last night. I mean REALLY. I'd justified it by dressing it up as a 'lets get labour started' trick, but really I was just hankering for one.

I have been dreaming about juicy king prawns, hot madras sauce, greasy bhajis and warm chapatis for DAYS. Is there anything better for the soul than a takeaway on a friday night? I think not, my friends.

So, imagine my very real distress when they ballsed up the order and sent us two prawn madras instead of my one king prawn madras.



Oh the humanity <sob>. I was perilously close to actual tears, I won't lie.

I sat and ate bahjis and watched everyone else eat their delicious and correct curries while we waited for the (very contrite) restaurant bod to come and replace my miserable teeny tiny flavourless prawn curry for my FAT king prawn extravanza.

Fortunately he arrived before hysteria set in. And all was right with the world again.

But it was a close run thing.

<wibble>




7 comments:

  1. Are you okay? Do you need some valium? :O)

    When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 19th. I am a mess. I'm crying at EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a takeaway curry last night and it went COLD because a friend called just as I started eating and talked for 24 minutes. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks! I think I woudl have carried on eating.

    [rude]

    ReplyDelete
  5. You spannerish fool - you don't have to pick up the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cried in Waitrose once when I was pg as they didn't have the right kind of pasta sauce. I feel your disappointment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got your curry.

    I'm sure there was a "pregnant crying" thread where someone reported weeping in the Sainsbury's cheese aisle because the wide and varied selection touched some mysterious emotional chord.

    Partyspanner: *pffft* to even answering the call at a time like that.

    ReplyDelete